Tuesday, October 23, 2012

its not funny like on tv and its not smart like it is in books

Minnie Pearl amazes me on a regular basis. She has not been sleeping through the night and only seems to truly sleep when Flaca or I am holding her. Turn good thing about working the shift I do is I am ready to be awake for many hours and walk our long hallway waiting for Minnie to fall asleep. As soon as I think she is asleep I. Put her in her crib and sneak across the creaky floor to our room. As soon as I put my head. Diem on the pillow she starts crying and I'm running to pick her up and start all over again. At this point in the eight week long game I feel like I am being held hostage and being tortured by a little ten pound terrorist with the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. I may be sleep deprived but she pays me with these amazing smiles that makes tthis madness seem worth it. I feel bad for always thinking parents were full of crap about the inability to watch a rented movie or Tv show. I have tried to watch some of my stories but it is hard to follow when a little person goes from cooing and being happy to screaming their heads off. I have also learned that there is no such thing as a quick trip to the anywheres. It is also hard to hold a conversation that doesn't include talking about being a new parent and not telling everyone how scared shitlrss I am. I'm trying to figure this out. Some people have told me these are the easy days. I hope I'm man enough to handle the harder challenges. Oh I have also figured out that time is like gold. If I can steal time away in the near future ill try to ramble on about it if i can remember to be goo out there kids.

1 comment: