Saturday, September 29, 2012

won't you help mia sing these songs of freedom

The passed four weeks have flown by and on Monday I have to return to my bus route. It is going to be very hard to leave Minnie Pearl and Flaca at home but my paternity leave is at an end.Minnie Pearl is amazing. She has her mom's beauty and temperament and my gases as far as I can tell.I can spend hours looking at her wondering what is goingvon behind those little eyes that look at at 2 am in the morning. 2am is also a very scary time of night because when she is screaming her beautiful little head off I truly start to question my sanity. The doubt and worries sneak in. It is crazy that a 9 pound girl could have me wrapped around her finger. I can't be positive but I think she likes Bob Marley music. Sometimes when she is going crazy a play some of the songs off my I touch and I have myself fooled that it soothes her. She has gone from melt down to silence after playing a few samples off exodus. This leads me to believe that her hearing is developing. I hope everything is developing the way it is suppose to. This little girl is my world. I never could have guessed that being a dad would be this awesome. Minnie Pearl has a great way of making me feel like a million dollars. When others are holding her and she goes into melt down I reach in and grab her I hold her close to me and whisper in or next to her ear that everything will be alright and she calms down and falls asleep. At which point the people present usually say ah daddy's girl. Heavenly. Flaca is doing great although probably a little tired. We celebrated our second year anniversary last week. Life is great. This post probably doesn't make much sense but in my brief time I wanted to stop by and ramble. Be good out there kids.tell your parental figures you love them.they spent a lot of sleep deprived nights wishing to give the world to you

No comments:

Post a Comment