Monday, January 3, 2011

You guys are the best friend I could ever have, ANd it's not the alcohol talking

Ninety percent of the time I do not say the things that are going on inside of my head. There are multiple levels of censors and reedits before I actually say the thought that has crossed my mind. I often try to put other peoples feelings into consideration. There are people that I hang out with that have no clue the things that they do that drive me crazy. But there is a ten percent of the time where things come out totally uncensored. This is usually when I am drinking. The problem is it is not only uncensored but usually intensified. So that most of what I am saying is an exaggeration of the initial thought. I am also kind of aggressive when saying these uncensored things. I must also state that I have never been a good drinker. I fall into the category of THAT guy. You know the one I’m talking about. The one that puked in your parents vase at the party you threw when they were out of town, the one who told you exactly what he thought of your guitar playing when you were about to seal the deal with your amazing acoustic rendition of that Taylor Swift song with the genders changed so it makes you sound so sweet. The friend that you almost always find yourself apologizing for because he got drunk and decided to tell everyone exactly what HE thinks (at your brothers wedding)
This year I am going to make more of an effort to say the things that are on my mind. The goal will be to say them without being intoxicated off the fourth fancy pants beer that I took from your fridge as I neglect to drink my PBR that just doesn’t seem to be getting cold yet.
So let the NEW Year begin. Let’s see if I can’t say the same moronic statements without the alcohol cushion

No comments:

Post a Comment