Friday, February 25, 2011

if your wondering if I want you to I want you too

I do not like going out anymore. When I do go out I want to go to old man dirty dive bars, the kind that still reek of Cigarettes and stale booze.  I want to go to dive bars where the old guys look at me as the poser. At least until they get to know me. But at this point I do not have the drive to go to any bar to establish it as mine. There is a bar that I used to go to with all my friends that will always be our bar in my head, there’s a bar by the first place I lived with my wife (two bars actually) that I will always consider our bar but I do not have a bar that I consider my own. There was one bar that I loved. It is now closed and the old man bartender has passed away and his two trailers in the back yard of the place are now gone. I LOVED this bar. I never went enough for it to be MY bar but it’s about the closet thing I have to a place that is just mine. There’s a bar down the street from my parents house that I like but that is a bar that I will always share with my family and will always go by the name it was when I was a kid, even though the name has changed a million times it will always be Jake’s.
I know friends that have their hangs where if I really wanted to I could stop by and there’s a good chance they will be there, hell they even have a whole group of friends that probably know more about them in their life now than I do. But I need to find my bar. Someday. Like I said I don’t even want to go out anymore. I’d rather sit at my place have a few beers and watch TV, most likely fall asleep. In all reality I’d rather go for a run. In fact I’d rather go on a LONG bicycle ride. Like taking a train somewhere far and riding back home. I once rode my bike from the Kankakee Metra stops to almost all the way back home in Lincoln Square. The only reason I didn’t make it all the way was my bike got a flat at Western and North Avenue. This of course was with my wife back when she was just my girlfriend. That was a fun day even though she hated my guts for most of the ride, but it was fun and I want to do a ride like that again. Maybe from Rockford back to Chicago. That would be my idea of a fun day or day and a half (my concept of time sucks) plus none of my friends would ever want to do something like that.
So yeah one day I want to find a dirty old man local bar for myself. Where it’s not faking it if I want to drink PBR, Old Style or whatever cheap beer they have and maybe some whiskey, because as much as I am a poser I am not drinking it because it’s hip, I’m drinking it because I truly enjoy it and it reminds me of my old man. The coolest guy I have ever known in my life followed in second by my goofy little brother.
Come on summer time I want to drink in the backyard with those two knuckleheads.
Don’t forget to brush and floss heading to the dentist soon. The start of another crazy weekend for this party animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment