Monday, February 28, 2011

there's a darkness upon me that's flooded in light

Over the weekend I had a very bizarre dream. In the dream I was extremely intoxicated. It was like I was dropped down in the middle of my dream self in the midst of tying one on. But the weird thing was I was also some kind of delivery person. I think wedding cakes. But for whatever reason I was at a gas station. I guess I was trying to ask directions but I was muttering and slurring and the family, which owned the establishment couldn’t understand a thing, I was saying but kept trying to get me to come hang out with then and drink what I can only guess was whiskey. Most likely with the thoughts is the only thing you can do with totally hammered person that is highly motivated to get back in their truck is to offer them booze to get them to stay. I’m not really sure what happened then (a black out within a dream) but when I came out of it in my dream I was HUNG OVER. My phone was totally screwed up, my delivery van was gone, and no one was able to tell me how I ended up in the small town in the trailer that I woke up in. The rest of the dream was I running around trying to call someone who could save me from the situation that I had gotten myself into. The really weird thing was it all seemed so real. It was like some crazy adventure that didn’t seem too far off from something that could happen, besides the delivery job but I think that part had something to do with me recently talking about that was one of my first unofficial jobs. Delivering wedding cakes with my dad. This is true. He would let me keep all the tips we got. So that usually meant a lot of money for thirteen or fourteen year old me on any given Saturday. Those were some good times. Looking back at it I think I just talked non-stop from the time I got into the van until we got home where there was a house full of brothers and sisters. That was MY time with my dad. It was awesome.
But getting back to the dream, I woke up and I felt like I had been drinking all night. I felt hung over. It was bad. All I wanted yesterday was to sleep. I had the weird guilt of a hangover. But the punch in the nuts is I haven’t drank to intoxication for quite a while, which is great. But man I felt spent. It didn’t help that it was overcast out and I was driving the little lady and me on our Sunday chores. I am attempting to get used to driving and help my wife get used to me driving. I am a horrible driver and always have been. But I need to get to a point where she can just relax while I drive around. This may take a while.
So yeah I wasn’t sure what to write about here today. But that drinking dream really had me wound up. Tonight I go on my first rounds of house hunting. I am fighting to buy a house in the city. Tonight we are going far west, Harlem for Christ sake. I think I need to pull my search in tighter. I want to live in Old Irving, Mayfair, and Jefferson Park or somewhere near where I live now. But in all reality I don’t think I’ll ever be able to afford to live east of Western.
Almost done for the day. Be good out there. Don’t drink too much and quit with the smoking already, it really just makes your clothes smell weird and your breath stink

No comments:

Post a Comment