Monday, August 13, 2012

im counting on a remedy I've counted on before

On Friday Flaca and I went to the cabaret Metro to take in the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Due to the fact that Flaca is eight months into her pregnancy we were lucky enough to sit in the VIP section and enjoy all of the show with none of the regular annoyances that now come with going to shows. I didn't have to worry about some giant standing in front of me. I didn't have to worry about some drunk idiot knocking into me the whole time. I was even able to walk back and forth to the bathroom with minimal issues. The show was pretty decent and I have been chuckling to myself at how many of the songs that mmb played that I didn't know. I guess when u don't buy one of their albums in ten years there are bound to be a few songs you don't know. The highlight of my night was hitting Mcdonalds with Flaca after the show to get the two cheese burger meal so we would have something to eat for our train ride back to Albany Park. On Saturday we attended a class that is suppose to prepare us for the things that will happen on the day Minnie Pearl arrives.It was an informative class and I hope I'm ready on the day she arrives. I had more fun at the class than I did at the show. I think I may be done going to shows. I get mad paying six dollars for a miller high life and if I'm being honest I really don't like people that much. Oh and I'm starting to fall in love with my neighborhood. I ate at Salaam and it was an awesome experience. I love that the train is at street level even if it does lead to the occasional train and car accidents.I just hope it gets a little more walkable for the Punkerson family. Last thought if I continue to get lamer am I going to have to change my alias

No comments:

Post a Comment