Thursday, October 13, 2011

and I love everyone waiting here for me. yes I DO

As we strolled out of the train stop today Flaca asked me if I ever imagined that I would be working my last few days at this job. Honestly I wasn’t sure to tell y’all the truth. In fact I was kind of sure that I was destined to be a lifer here and I was always going to be that person that you hear bitching about their job and how much it sucks and how they could be doing so much more and then when you ask them what they want to do they stammer stutter and kind of trail off until admitting they don’t know... ALL they know is their job sucks. (Sulks away walks up to stranger man my job sucks…)

I’m sure there will be plenty of things to hate at the new job. I mean there is that whole criminal element, the feeling that people hate you, and I’m sure there will be hundreds of people with bad habits that drive me crazy. I’m still enjoying romanticizing the whole new prospect of a totally different job scene. I’m also a little nervous about meeting a whole new group of people. I have become very comfortable with the insane people I work with and I’m sure at a certain point I’ll miss a lot of these knuckleheads. I just hope that I can make some new friends at the new gig. I mean I know I’m likeable and all but getting the chance to create a whole new clean slate personality has me a little nervous. None of these people will know about how I got so trashed at the holiday party, none of these people will know anything about me. Which is actually kind of cool,

I have to cut this short for now. There’s a pizza party in my honor and I have to fill out my exit interview. (rubs hands together sinisterly)

Be good. Enjoy a weeknight box of wine tonight.

Until tomorrow Two tah’s

No comments:

Post a Comment