Tuesday, October 4, 2011

if you can't find a partner use a wooden chair

I have started this entry about forty-five times today. Yesterday I went to my orientation for the job that I have been rambling on and on about for I’m not even sure how long by now. Well the great news is I was finally offered the position and will officially be leaving my job here in exciting old cube Ville in two weeks time. In an odd turn of events I have handled this professionally. Last night Flaca helped me type up a letter of resignation that did not include the lines “fuck you, fuck you, your cool, and FUCK you” For the first time ever I am leaving the matches and gasoline in storage and not torching my bridges behind me.So far. I am actually still trying to handle my workload but I have to admit it is just a tad bit harder to concentrate now that my Shawshank redemption has arrived.
My next step is to buy my uniforms and whatnot so that I am ready for the academy in two weeks. It seems that maybe moving in with my in-laws was a great move since now I am about twenty-five minutes from the place where I will be taking classes for the next sixteen weeks.
So my inter webs whining may slow down for a while as I figure out exactly what is going on as I make my career change. But I have a good feeling that I’ll finally have more to talk about than TPS reports and how horrible it is that people stink up the community kitchen.
Be good out there kids. I do NOT want to see you at my new job.    

1 comment: