Friday, October 7, 2011

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah (x3)

As of today I have four working days left at the place where I have drawn paychecks from for the last eight years. I find it insanely hard to believe that I have been here for eight years especially since I almost didn’t make it through my first two weeks here. I landed at this job through an employer placement program. I had been hunting for a job to jump to since the company I was working for was moving to Downers Grove. That was not an option for me so I went wild trying to find any job that would take me. When I came to interview I was automatically surprised at how much younger everyone was. The office was crazy awesome and had great views of the city that I love. At every office job I had worked I was the youngest and most windows were tinted so that it always looked like it was raining or just shitty weather out. So when I was offered the job here I jumped at it. Within a week I was overwhelmed and under trained and constantly having work piled on my desk. I had no clue how to complete my tasks and I felt that I never completed anything. I had a pretty good feeling that my supervisor hated me and no one in the office ever talked to me. One day I was working late and had a nervous breakdown. I started writing up my letter of resignation. One of the people that worked near me stopped by my desk to see why I was still there and I just went crazy about how I didn’t know what I was doing and how I hated it here and all that cry baby shit. They talked me down and said give it a month. It got a little easier but there was never a sense of accomplishment. Next I almost drank my way out of the job because I was a young idiot that thought it made perfect sense to stay out till last call on school nights and still attempt to go to work. That was weird and I cannot even imagine if I still lived like that. In fact lately I have a hard time staying up till eleven. Pretty boring I know. But now I’m at the end of my time hear and I still feel like I have never truly finished one thing. In fact they just landed a huge client that has all taxes in a majority of my states with a due date of 11.1.2011. So my last four days here will be freaking busy. I will walk away feeling like I accomplished nothing at all. I will leave this job and within months everything I have worked on will be handled by someone else, so the headache will be his or hers.

I’m starting to get nervous about my new job. Mostly because I have no clue what to expect.

I apologize now for next week when I get repetitive and even more boring. I can’t sit here and fuck off any longer shits popping off and annoying the shit out of me.

Drink a few too many beers for me this weekend. But don’t drive that’s just fucking lame.

1 comment: