Friday, September 30, 2011

Your hair it smells like cottage cheese it makes me wobbly at the knees

You know when you are watching those cooking shows and the chick that is cooking the food tastes her own cooking and goes absolutely bonkers saying it is the best thing she has ever tasted. When that happens it makes me so mad. Is there ever a cook that is going to say, “Holy shit this is terrible” But to go on and on about how awesome their cooking is that really grinds my gears. It’s not like I finish a report and then go holy shit that is just about the prettiest most special report that has ever been completed. I mean I understand taking pride in your work but fake orgasming over your frittatas pull it in freak show.
I also never trust a skinny person if they are telling me something tastes awesome. I will definitely listen to a mid sized person that you can tell likes food. I will automatically go and buy the food if gigantic lards tell me this is the best thing they ever ate.
I’m in a saucy kind of mean mood right now. Monday I am attending orientation to find out what my next step is in my long process. This means there is still a chance that I can get turned away at the doors and all of my forward momentum will have been for naught. I am excited and scared about the new potential job. There is a whole hell of a lot that I don’t know about what I am getting myself involved in and I hope that I don’t regret switching jobs if I do get it. As much as this job drives me crazy and I always complain about it I am surrounded by a lot of people who are actually pretty all right.
But the potential of a new job and a total different career trajectory outweighs staying here with the potential of the company folding if the economy tanks again.

The weekend isn’t completely booked which is cool. Flaca and I are running a 5K in Bucktown on Sunday. I have not run a race since shamrock shuffle. In fact I have not just gone out on a run in quite a while. Maybe now that fall is here I will get out there and jog a little bit around the new neighborhood. Abuelita’s cooking and the deserts are starting to take the toll on my gut. Some of my comfy pants are a little snug and my chin is starting to hang a little lower than I like it to. Plus for me running in the fall is about as good as it gets.

Well I got to go I’m going to hit the flower shop and surprise flaca. Let her know that I still have some kind of clue what romance is and that I can be surprisingly romantic.

Ladies be good to your men. Men be great to your lady. You’re both crazy. She just shows it more.

Singletons go out there and talk to strangers or not what the hell do I know

No comments:

Post a Comment