Wednesday, May 25, 2011

this is where Cameron goes berserk

I’m feeling a little off today. In fact I have been feeling a little off since I gave blood yesterday. I’m sure it’s because I tried to be a tough guy and get a workout in at lunch, but in all reality that was the weakest attempt at a workout I have ever been part of. I literally threw in the towel and had to curl up in a ball to get my composure. I thought maybe I was just hungry. I was supposed to go to one of the free workouts for my fitness challenge last night but the bike ride home wiped me out. I honestly could have fallen asleep on the couch after the shower but instead I watched that movie about the 70’s show guy that sleeps with the little girl from The Professional without the strings. Overall the movie was ok.
See I grew up in the golden time of romantic comedies. John Hughes was king of movie making ability and made movies that spoke to nerds like me. He also laid the foundations for many of my romantic notions. I’m not sure how he was able to pull it off as great as he did but due the fact that I devoured his films for all those years every once in a while I get suckered into watching the rom-coms of today and shake my head at how these squares just can’t seem to get it right. Granted in John Hughes movies all of the action took place in high school and those years right after high school, maybe I’m just not interested in watching the crap that is put out now.
(Two hours later)
Originally today would have been the only day this week I was going to work. Turns out that it was a good idea to come in both days. I have been on the phones arguing all day. All I want to do is go home lay on the couch and watch bad TV. Maybe a few John Hughes movies or other movies that came out in the 80’s that truly shaped me into the nerdy man boy I have grown up to be.
Some great 80’s movies.
  1. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off- Who that has grown up in Chicago does not love this movie
  2. Better off Dead-JC when he was super freaking awesome-I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS
  3. Goonies-Kids save the town come on AWESOME!
  4. Adventures in Babysitting-A young Vincent D’Onofrio (bet you thought I would go with E.S.
  5. Die Hard- The first in a great series.
 Ok I need to stop you don’t come here for lists; you come to listen to me whine, complain, and generally babble about inane topics usually presented in the late afternoon.

I’m off till next Tuesday. Tomorrow I’m going to take in a game at Wrigley, visit Sears Tower, The Art Institute of Chicago, and The Mercantile Exchange, and grab some lunch at Chez Quis, and maybe see if there is a parade going on so I can lip sing on a float.

Next week it’s back to the grind, Enjoy the LONG weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment