Tuesday, May 31, 2011

you're telling me it's in the trees, in the trees it's not, it's inside me

I am a weird little fat man. I noticed this over my vacation part two. I mean we all know that I am kind of a portly fella but the weird adjective really is starting to shine a little more. I went to that baseball game on Thursday and sat in my seat freezing and generally wishing I were at home. Which is lame because it was really only like forty-five maybe fifty degrees not all cold, but the rain had chilled me and started me off to a cruddy mood.
 I didn’t even have one beer because I was cold and annoyed by the whole set up. See I went to take in the game with my family from Rockford, which I have absolutely nothing in common with if I am not drinking. The thing is my brother is goofy about the Rockford people specifically my one cousin that has like four or five kids. They are like best buds and spent a fair amount of time off somewhere drinking and I’m guessing sneaking off to the place that you can smoke in or around Wrigley that still allows you to get back to your seat. I left before the game was over, maybe I’m jealous that my cousin and brother are so close but I just find myself having a hard time associating with them. Maybe it’s a case of my snobbery rearing its ugly head again. Do I dare to say maybe I am better than them, no I don’t dare that would be a total dick move.
I went out to Wisconsin and spent Saturday night in a cabin with a small group of friends that I feel like I’m trying to hold onto friendships with and that didn’t really go much better. I drank a bit too much early and had to take a cat nap and ended up sleeping for five hours. So when I woke up and was ready to hang out again most people were winding down. A friend of one of the couples I was with is dating this guy I went to high school with, he looked and acted the same way he did back in high school. He was surprised to see that I had for the most part cleaned up my act for the most part and had not grown up to be a complete waste of flesh. The cool part is we didn’t really even try to pretend that we had much to talk about and our exchanges were minimal. On Sunday I went rafting on the Peshtigo and it was an awesome experience, I just floated down the river and enjoyed the mild rapids. This was my second rafting experience and I would totally love to do it again on another river, maybe even something a little more challenging.
No more vacations for a while, so there is nothing to look forward to, except maybe a call to come in for an interview for that job I’m trying to get with Cook County. Something to let me know that I am moving along in the process, why do I keep going for these lottery jobs? Oh well, the warm winds of summer are here which brings extra happiness to this little fat boy. Hopefully I find a lot of fun over the summer since me and the misses will be moving to the Southside September 1st.
Gee hope y’all missed me I’m back to whine in your eyes about how hard my simple life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment