Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care

I get really mad when people ask me a question that they already know the answer to. I feel it is very passive aggressive and is usually asked with such attitude that I almost feel as if the person or in work cases people are smacking me in the face. My work life is simply put annoying as all get out. There is no sense of accomplishment EVER, even if I work ahead additional work gets dumped on my desk that other departments can’t seem to get done, which eventually leads to my work getting all backed up. Now my company is flirting with the idea of summer hours, which in theory is awesome, but I feel that they are giving us something so that they have a “perk” to take away. The thing is people that I work with are going crazy with excitement over the idea of summer hours. But getting back to the asking questions that people already know the answer to. This place operates on a system of reports being run in what can only be described as constantly. I am inundated with request for reports or e-mails asking if I have finished thee reports.
(I hate when I’m right)
I just got out of a quick meeting stating that I need to drop all of my work and do the work of another department. If NOT SUMMER HOURS will be taken away. I almost walked out of the meeting. I don’t care about summer hours. If they didn’t hypothetically offer summer hour they wouldn’t have anything to hypothetically take away.
I need to work on my work place poker face. I feel bad for my direct supervisor; he always has the horrific job of delivering the crap news from the higher ups. I even feel bad for my boss above him. The people at the top of my company say yes to everything our clients ask for. They also say yes to deadlines that are very rough to reach. I guess every office is like this but man if I knew this was what my life would have consisted of back in 1994-1995 maybe I would have hopefully actually finished school and got me one of those degrees future employers are always asking about. Man I sure was a stupid optimistic dreamer back in the day

Summer Hours. What a bunch of freaking idiots we all are. Just give me an F@#KING RAISE already. Operation Shawshank Redemption needs start. Nothing worse than someone that sits and complains and does absolutely nothing about it.

Welcome to June 2011 this is the time of year where working in an office is about as appealing as ……..

1 comment:

  1. Get busy living, or get busy dying... Classic. I hear you my friend. I hear you.

    ReplyDelete