Thursday, August 18, 2011

the words I say are silver but what's left unsaid is GOLD

So I’m preparing for the move to the Southside of this beautiful city that I live in. For the first thirty-five years of my life I have strictly lived on the North side. I have lived in many apartments in many different neighborhoods in Chicago but all on the north side of the map. I have live in Old Irving Park, Lakeview, Lincoln Square, Rogers Park, Andersonville, West Walker, back to Lakeview, Lincoln Square and finally my nice little condo in North Center. Along the way with each move I have unloaded things that I find unnecessary and of course have obtained many things that are extremely necessary. With this move to the south I plan on leaving my regrets and mistakes behind. I’ve made some good strides in my attempts to become less of an annoying drunk, with only a few slip-ups here and there. But hopefully I can leave the self-doubt that comes with those mistakes next to the dumpster with the other crap I no longer need.
I’m going to work on being more what I want to be and attempt to worry less about being what I do NOT want to be. I feel that has been my misstep for much of my life, I worry so much about what I don’t want to be but do not put the full effort into being exactly what I want to be. Within this move I will be living with my In-laws who have taken us in so that in the spring Flaca and I can ideally buy our house. The cool thing about this move is if I do get into the academy the school is right there and I would be able to ride my bicycle to work each day. Hopefully things go well and I do get to that phase. I am going to pick up my effort on trying to learn Spanish again, I think it will help and I know it would knock the socks off of my Abuelita. I’ll be taking the Metra and some buses so I’m guessing that would be the perfect time to study.
I’m positive that there will be plenty of adventures as I learn my way around my newest neighborhood. I know I make it seem like I’m moving to a new state but I’m just not familiar with anything over there. I know some landmarks but am looking forward to running and cycling new routes at least until it gets too cold for that nonsense. Hopefully I don’t chunk it up too much on all the good cooking there. You know come back thirty pounds heavier
Take care of the Northside for me kids. Give it back to me in the shape I gave it to you maybe clean it up a bit but PLEASE do not break it anymore than it already is.

And of course be good out there. Keep your noses clean. I’ll be back next week with more bitchin and complain.

1 comment: