Monday, August 1, 2011

Face melting is what happens to the crowd at a hard rock/heavy metal concert

I burnt my face off this weekend while out and about enjoying the wonders that can be found in under twenty minute bicycle rides from the place where I currently live. The weekend was action packed and I have to admit that I was pretty pleasantly surprised since we had nothing on the schedule, which is very surprising for the wife and me. I’m not sure if I talked about it but our move date has been moved up to August 20, 2011. Which means the summer of fun has been cut down by eleven days.

Friday we found ourselves in Logan Square walking around the art fest they were having over in that neighborhood. We finally got the chance to try Revolution Brewing and I have to say it was pretty great. I tried two of their brews and finished off the rest of one of my wife’s whiskey drinks that she ordered not knowing it was a whiskey drink, which works out to my benefit. Saturday we did a little more moving of stuff to our storage space. We decided that since we were already over there we would stop and the in-laws and do a little swimming. On the way over we stopped and picked up some beers to enjoy while we soaked up the sun. To put it simply it was awesome and living over there may not be so bad.

But Sunday is what totally makes me love living on the north side. We rode our bikes over to the bike shop so that I could buy this backpack that is suppose to be waterproof. That didn’t take much time so we decided to go over to Lincoln Park Zoo for a little while. After deciding that maybe it was a little too warm we decided to go to the beach for a couple of hours. We stopped at home to change into our beach gear and then headed over to Foster Beach. BUT when I stopped at home I did not grab the sun screen, in our rush to get over there and soak up as much fun as possible all I grabbed was our towels and water bottles. SO after being out in the sand and splashing around in the water Flaca looks all tan and hot Mexicana and old man Punkerson has a sun burnt face. I am constantly applying lotion today but I realized that the little old man hairs that are growing out of my ears are sun bleached totally blonde. Also you can tell where I was Popeye squinting in the glaring sun because the skin in the creases has none of the crazy red that is all over my burnt up skin. To look at me you would most likely shake your head and say that old man needs to use sunscreen that sun has the cancer all over it. But the time at the beach was fun and after swimming in the lake, laying in the sand, splitting nachos and a hot dog with the Mrs. We made our way back home.

I can’t wait to get out of work and see how the tan is looking on Ms. Seagull and to see her shake her head and warn me about lotioning up. She’s a good lady I tells ya.

Use your sunscreen kids do as I say not as I do, or don’t do in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment