Monday, April 18, 2011

He must have thought it was white boy day. It ain't white boy day, is it

I’m on edge today for some reason. Nothing has happened and my weekend was actually kind of fun. But today I’m in a clouded funk. Maybe it’s just that I rode into work today while getting pelted in the face by hail. Maybe I’m just tired of it constantly being this crappy cold weather. Maybe I drank to much coffee and didn’t really sleep as well as I would have liked to last night. I’m having trouble focusing on my work, which is not good. I’m trying to work ahead of schedule so that I don’t get too far behind when I go on vacation next month. Maybe I’ll go and get a run in over lunch and that will boost me up and also help the workday go by a little faster.
Saturday I went out for the first time in a while, I decided I would drink Bourbon based drinks all night. It went surprisingly well and I didn’t get hammer headed and cause problems on the home front. So we’ll put this one in the win column fort sure. We hung out in Wicker Park with one of my wife’s friends and her husband. I started the night at the Exchange with an Old Fashioned we were the first two people in there so it was really cool. Her friend showed up and had a drink then we walked down the street to our reservation. We ate Indian food, which was ok, but when the bill came I could not believe how much we had spent. The drinks alone had my jaw on the floor making up almost half of the bill. The service kind of sucked too and before we knew it we were being asked to move from our table to the bar to finish our drinks so they could seat the next party. Not cool but whatever, I’ll never go to that place again. We walked around trying to find a place and continue talking and have another drink. Here’s where you can tell I was getting old, I didn’t want to go anywhere that we had to stand. We almost went to the Violet Hour but the line was out the door and down the Damen. We settled for this other place, which was mediocre at best. The service here was even worse and before I knew it the Mrs. and I were back on the Ashland bus heading home. Pretty cool.
So yeah I’m madly in love with my wife today but since reading about that is boring for strangers, so I’ll sum it up with she gets me. She makes me laugh and is simply amazing. She does things for me that make this craptactular life a little more bearable. The future is sure to be bright with her by my side.
Oh an don’t ever watch that movie with Donnie Darko and the princess Diary girl, Totally not worth it, I watch bad movies and this one was terrible. I never cared for either person and was totally glad when she Od’d on the heroin toward the end while he turned tricks with his cowboy boyfriend in the tent. Wait that would have made the movie a lot better whatever Go watch True Romance if you are looking for a great romantic story. Something for everyone in that there film.

No comments:

Post a Comment