Friday, April 29, 2011

King Kong ain't got nothing on ME!!

It’s hard out here for a paper pusher. So I’ll get right down to business then start rambling and then cut it kind of short because my four finger typing takes a lot of time and most what I have been writing about is kind of boring to even me.
(Clears throat)
Today was a glorious day, a momentous occasion occurred and I was there to witness it and partake in the joyous celebration. The meatyballs mobile was in the neighborhood of my work and I arrived on time to get my fill. Today totally made up for me missing out on the other food truck. I wanted to get like four or five of the grenade versions of this magnificent delicacy but he was running low and I had to improv when I got up to the truck and it was my turn. I went with the Torpedo (the larger version) Meaty Balls Sandwich and a Grenade (the smaller version) Buff Balls sandwich. For dessert I had the White Chocolate salty balls. This guy knows what he is doing and I think I will follow his truck and try more of the different meatball sandwiches he has to offer. The Grenade version offers you a chance at getting a taste of what the Torpedo taste like and coming in at the size of a healthy slider I have to say Bravo I will try all of them. There is a true food revolution going on in this city and I think that I will have a happy summer chasing down all the food trucks. Looks like I will not be packing away my big boy pants for the summer. The dessert is phenomenal if you see this truck run to it. You get a great meal at reasonable prices plus the guy is cool, and not pretentious. If you work with people like me get ready for a solid 4-5 hours of jokes about balls in mouth and any other balls joke you can think of, totally worth it.
I have no interest in royalty. I am glad that that prince or duke or whatever he is found a girl out of his league to marry him, good work join the club you, me and all the other nerds I know have pulled off the same trick. Growing up I didn’t have that Princess Di stuff jammed down my throat. Royalty in my house was Elvis Presley. My mom was/is coo coo for cocoa poops for that old fat dead bastard. But her infatuation rubbed off on me. I have made the trip to Memphis to see his crib. In fact I remember a story that I think I heard there about why he was kind of cool. I’ll give you the short as I remember it version. He was getting ready for a party but was feeling lazy or something and kind of dragging ass. His wife or whoever told him to get it in gear all of these high class ritzy people were arriving and he needed to get down there and entertain them. Elvis walks over to his dresser grab a handful of money and throws it out the window. The people see money and start scrambling and fighting and trying to grab up the money. Elvis turns to the person in the room and says, “those people ain’t high class” BAM!! Plus any guy that supposedly gives away Cadillacs the way he did has to be pretty cool. Plus the kid could sing a pretty sweet song. You get the point the royals of England do nothing for me. The only castle I have interest in is White Castle. The only kings I ever enjoyed reading about growing up were Latin and their weddings were not broadcast on national TV. See how tough I am. I don’t get the infatuation with those crazy people across the pond
Wow two white castle references in one sitting. Lets call it a day. Get some tea and skrumpits and enjoy the weekend proper style

No comments:

Post a Comment