Tuesday, April 19, 2011

my lips bleeding BERT

my dad never really watched much television when I was growing up. To the best of my knowledge he never went to the movies either. Growing up he was always fixing something on our house. As a youth it annoyed the shit out of me, of course now I realize I wish I ‘d paid a lot more attention because the things he was doing there at that house was amazing. When my dad would watch TV he would watch This Old House, it felt like torture. All I wanted to do was watch whatever crap I watched then maybe like Dukes of Hazard, Misfits of Science (I loved this short lived show) or Knight Rider maybe TJ Hooker whatever you get the point I had no interest in whatever it was Norm was fixing because it had the potential to translate in hours of a project that I would eventually have to help with or hinder progress on. These days I wish I had taken interest in the home repair. Sadly now I find myself watching all these shows about home repair now and think my dad could have done it better. When I finally get a house I can’t wait for him to come over and discuss possible upgrades he can help me do instead of hiring out some clown to do it. The house hunt has been put off until March of 2012. My wife and I are going to take a drastic change in order to make our house owning dreams come true. In September we will be moving to a cheaper rent place so as to save funds over the winter. More details to come as our time in Yuppie-vile comes to end. So this summer we will take advantage of as many fun things as possible. I’m sure I’ll talk about them here as the days go by.
The weird thing is this post was supposed to be about the movies that my dad did like. In particular the movie, It’s a Wonderful Life. Which because he loved it so much made it one of my favorite movies growing up. I remember being a little pint sized version of myself sitting there watching this movie with him every single Christmas season. Good times. I wonder if this movie started my obsession with movies that laid out the butterfly effect. To me it only makes sense right?
Well I’m losing focus and I really need to get back to work. Three hours left and I am tired as all get out. I can’t seem to fall asleep and stay asleep all night.
There’s a creepy old guy that has been staring at me from all the reflective surfaces that I walk passed. But I guess that can also be covered another time

No comments:

Post a Comment