Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Senor Fatty McButterpants

I feel like I weigh 350 possibly 420 pounds. Usually over the winter I will pack on a few extra pounds. I believe that the world refers to it as winter weight. But usually in the spring I start getting active again and I get my stuff back in order. I tried to do this 100-day challenge thing but I fell of the wagon and back into my horrible eating habits. I stopped getting my workouts in here and there and have become lazy and lethargic. I need to kick stuff back into gear. I have promised my wife that I would be better about eating but I see myself not keeping that promise. I want to be good, I want to eat right I want to exercise enough to counteract the calories that I consume.
The problem is I LOVE to eat. I love to eat junk food. I love to eat pizza, burgers, BBQ, various fast food places, pizza, Garrett Popcorn, movie popped popcorn, Chips Dip, Salsa, Portillo’s, oh and I like to drink. You see I watch shows about food eating challenges with the same interest that most guys watch sports. I watch the shows and daydream of vacations to that spot to see if they were right in the way they describes how delicious the food was. I DVR shows about where I should go and try food. I hunt out other people who think they like to eat as much as I do. I constantly think about food, when I wake up in the morning I’m already wondering what’s for dinner. If I’m being honest I’m already wondering what I’m going to have for dinner the next night as I’m finishing the currents night’s dinner. As I type this I am wondering where the best Fried Chicken can be consumed, so far my best taste of fried chicken has been some place in Iowa.
I think you get the point I love food. I don’t weigh 350 pounds but I could. I guess the good thing is over the passed five years I have also started to like being active, like a lot. So I’m glad warmer weather is supposedly coming. I need to start getting back out and enjoying the beautiful city I live in. But this rain is not working for me. It makes me LAZY. All I want to do is eat like I’m still hibernating and watch TV. I need to get active again or maybe more active again.
My work pants are all tight and uncomfortable and I am back into my polo shirts, which is my work equivalent of wearing sweatpants to work. I need to come up with a plan to put into action ASAP. But we all know I’ll fall off when I’m vacationing. Yuck. I’ll just look into a new obsession. That’s what happen when I got into running. Maybe I need to recommit to that supplemented with some cycling. If I could throw the swimming in there man I would be doing all right. Then I could get back to eating whatever I want. You know Calories in Calories out.
It’s rough being the Vain S.O.B. that I am.
Almost time for lunch, my second favorite meal of the day. Who am I kidding they all my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment