Tuesday, July 19, 2011

but I wipe my own ass, I wipe my own ass!

I’ve been called up to the big leagues kids; my brother called me today and asked me if I would mind taking his son to a Cubs game tonight. I of course said that I think it would be fine but I would need to work out the details and see if it works for all parties involved. I have to say that I am very nervous and excited about the opportunity to take my nephew to a baseball game. I am nervous because I have never hung out with my nephew without his parents within the near vicinity. I’m definitely going to need some instructions on how to pull this trick off. He’s four years old and it is going to be a night game. To tell you the truth I’m not even sure how interested he is in baseball. I imagined taking him to a baseball game when he was a little older so this is definitely going to be an interesting experience. Hopefully I don’t screw it up too much and he ends up having a great time with his goofy Uncle Fish. Oh did I mention that he calls me Uncle Fish thanks to a nickname assigned to me by my brother. Supposedly the seats are super fantastic and we will be basically right on the field. Hopefully I don’t screw this up and we both have a great time. I wonder if he will be able to master the art of the Wrigley troughs, this is going to be interesting.
Tomorrow I’m going for my 2nd physical ability test for that job I want to get, after that there are still three phases to see if I get offered the job. There is always the option that I can get disqualified at any time, although I’m fairly certain that I will have no problem with the P.A.T tomorrow. Although it will be hot as all get out so I’ll have to remember to pace myself while running the 1.5 miles.
Oh and Pitchfork was pretty awesome, I’m glad I experienced it. I spent way too much money on the tickets but overall it was a very fun experience. It was a fun adventure with my wifey and we both got a whole lot of sun on Sunday as we sat in our little lawn chairs baking up. My wife now looks like a proper browned out Mexican woman that she is. Muy calinte!
I have to get to work; Stay hydrated out there these next few days. Enjoy the heat now so that when we are all genitals deep in snow in January we can think about the fun we had when it was hot as heck out here.
I just thought of something what the heck am I going to talk to this four-year-old kid about. There’s a lot of down time in a baseball game and I’m sure he won’t be able to hold his booze and will probably start repeating himself over and over again and we all know that’s my job.
I’m going to need a list of instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment