Thursday, July 14, 2011

my head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't like Jesus

I play in a just for shits and giggles volleyball team every Wednesday night at North Avenue Beach with a bunch of my co-workers. Our team is horrible to say the least butt sometimes it is fun and we end up laughing and talking shit to one another while building the confidence of whatever team we are playing against. We are suppose to start playing at 5:30, so I usually arrive there at like 5:00 and have to wait for my team to show up at 5:35-5:40. So there is like forty minutes that I stand around with no one to talk to and I just take in the whole scene but try not to take in too much of the scene and end up looking like a creep show. As I stood there last night I saw these two people walking around dressed in black on black taking pictures and looking very European. Which made me wonder what people from other places think of my fellow Chicagoans.
See one thing I love about Chicago is we are so freaking diverse yet you can still tell that there are neighborhoods that are dominated my different ethnicities. But if you’re on vacation and you come to Chicago and all you see of are city is the Magnificent Mile and North Avenue Beach you would miss out on so much of what this city is about. In fact if you do not stray too far from the downtown are you’d probably have a hard time finding someone that is even from Chicago originally at least Chicago Proper. You might even have a hard time finding someone from Illinois. I’m sure the same applies when I go on my vacations where I’m not really meeting the true people from the place I visit but I think you are getting my point.
Last night I had a strange mix of horrible dreams that lead to me waking up feeling like hell and a little off. I know it’s boring to read about other people dream so I’ll keep it short as possible. The dream was all mixed up so I don’t really know what fits where, I also know that dreams are short but the mix of what was happening seemed to last all night. SOOO. I was drinking recklessly like old school fall down drunk incoherently slur yelling, staggering around with a sense of being lost but still drinking. In another segment my wife was mad at me like really mad like only the kind of mad that people in legit relationships can get it. She wouldn’t tell me why she was mad and was giving me the look. The one that cuts you into pieces and leaves you feeling horrible and destroyed with no sign of redemption. In another part my wife was leaving and not telling me where she was going and was yelling at me. In another part I was running the streets calling out after her not able to find her, crying so hard I couldn’t see and snots were flying everywhere. In another part I was smoking cigarettes like a mad man and tossing back whiskey like a cowboy or whoever drinks whiskey like that. In the final scenes my wife and I had broken into a school and were swimming in a pool and everything was fine. She was in love with me and the world was right again. I woke up scared and was glad to see my wife sleeping there peaceful as ever.
On the way to work none of the songs on my I-pod hit the right song I needed. I still am operating on a partial song listing. I have check with the wifey and she is not mad at me and as far as I can tell I wasn’t out all night boozing and smoking my lungs out. But I can’t help but feel slightly hung over Weird stuff.
Today is Pot Luck in cubeville. Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment