Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Put her on the guestlist at the show

Holy crap work is very busy right now, so busy that I wasn’t able to spend my twenty to thirty-five minutes hammering out my little nonsensical rambles at all yesterday. There is a lot to cover here today so I will try to stay on point as much as possible. Friday night I went and saw The Flaming Lips at the Aragon Ballroom. The show was freaking amazing to say the least. I’m not even a huge FL fan but after that show I have been converted. I only know like three of their songs but as part of summer of fun I am attempting to say yes to as many offers as possible. The tickets were free so that may have also helped but seriously the band rocked my nut sack right off. They had the crowd going from the moment they stepped out for sound check to the very last moment when they came out and did their biggest hit. Another thing is it gave me the opportunity to yell and sing so hard that my lungs and throat are still raw and it is very annoying when I talk. I tried to explain to my wife how good it feels to yell and how I can very rarely do it (hold for laughter) Like at boot camp when the guy is in my face looking for me to yell how tough and stuff like that it is all I can get is a low roar. But at a show holy shit balls can I scream my head off and just enjoy myself. They did an awesome cover of Dark Side of the Moon that had me flipping out. I am not exaggerating at all, this may have to do with the fact that the people we were with were pounding Red Bulls and Vodkas like pre-teens and sharing each round just kept coming but the show was great and I highly suggest if you ever get a chance to see the Flaming Lips go and check out the show. I have a feeling you will not be let down. After this experience I’m totally going to H.O.B. to see if I can get the NOFX tickets for that show. I can’t even imagine how much fun I will have there.
Saturday we started moving our stuff into our storage spot out in Alsip. We still have a crap load of stuff to move in there and I hope that the 10 x 10 we got will be good enough. The day went off without a hitch for the most part and every once in a while I would catch a whiff of the RB & V coming out of my pores and I wanted to vomit all over the pace. We borrowed my dad’s mini van so I found myself feeling kind of like a kid cruising around my dad’s ride all day. Or was it a peek into my future. WHAAT!!
Sunday we went to Wicker Park and ate at this BBQ place that it seems like everyone has a boner for, but for me it was only ok. The cool thing is there are like three or four other places to try out in that area perhaps in the additional activities in our summer of fun.
I have to get to work and I’ll close this on a sad note. My little bro called me this morning and told me that via face book he heard that his ex wife had died suddenly over the weekend. Not much information yet butt apparently it was possibly an over dose or (dun duh dun) Murder. He didn’t have much information yet but it also stresses why I’m not a big face book person. None of his “friends” have contacted him yet that have actual information. He is happily married with kids now but I still think it’s weird that this is the way he found out about it. Strange.She was 35. Say no to drugs my friends there is a time and a place to put them in the past. Oh and say no to murder not cool.
Back to business.

No comments:

Post a Comment