Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I had a dream I was a vigilante's sidekick

Last night was filled with laughs while at the baseball game. We sat six rows up from behind the Cubs dugout and my nephew probably could have walked away with a game ball if he was a little more into the game. Instead he was more interested with looking at the cup of disgusting chewing tobacco and peanut shells and trying to figure out the best most hysterical way to show his uncle that he is a complete maniac, you know but in a totally awesome goofy way not the “oh shit I’m in hell what am I suppose to do with this four year old maniac” kind of way. This was my first outing with the kid and I have to say it was a success. He’s more into the food associated with baseball than he is with the game so I would assign him a vendor to look for then if he waited and didn’t act too crazy I would buy him something from that vendor. Most of the night all he wanted was a cup of Hot Chocolate. I’m not sure if anyone knows this but it had to of been like 80 degrees last night and all this kid wants is hot chocolate, I tried to explain to him that it probably wouldn’t be that good in the heat but if he found someone selling hot chocolate I would get it for him.
For a couple of innings we left our super sweet seats and went all the way up to the upper deck via the stairs. We would run up and down the ramps generally whooping it up acting like fools and having an awesome time. Hanging out with my four year old nephew was like hanging out with your fun drunk friend only a lot cheaper and you don’t have to fear that one of you are going to get arrested. I think I laughed for about four straight hours hanging out with the kid. He talks pretty much non-stop and laughs at pretty much every single thing I said so I’d say it was a very successful night.
We left the game in the seventh inning and started walking back until suddenly he was just too tired to walk. Luckily for me my wife said she would come pick us up because she thought that would be too far for the little guy to walk. Of course right as I was taking my phone out to call and ask if she would mind picking us up I got the text message that she was tired and going to bed. It was already 9:30, which is, pretty much her bedtime on the weekdays. Being the bad ass she is she saved the day and came and scooped us up and started the cross-town drive to drop off my nephew.
I feel kind of bad today because I realize that I always get to do the fun stuff and my wife always gets stuck doing the chores. I get to go to a baseball game and goof off and then when all the fun is done my poor wife has to come pick me up. Kind of a drag, she doesn’t complain but I can see I’m working her nerves lately with my child like behavior.
I owe her big time.
Well as you can see there was no physical ability test today so I’m here, which means my whole process will be delayed. So I’m kind of in a shitty mood today, like a happiness hangover if that makes sense.
But I will leave you with this bit of knowledge that my little friend told me last night as we were leaving Wrigley. So we are standing at Clark and Waveland and my nephew gets real serious and says “Uncle Fish I have something very important to tell you" His face is very serious and I think he’s going to cry or something or like maybe he has to go to the bathroom. I kneel down he puts his hand on my shoulder and says “Uncle Fish fighting crime is very very hard, it’s mostly hard because so many people are crazy out there” That is the direct quote. I see now why people always tell you all those stories about their kids. Some of them are pretty awesome.
Be careful out there crime fighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment