Monday, March 14, 2011

5 dollar concerts were all the rage

Are you F’n kidding me? So Friday night I found out that a band that I really like is coming to town.  Which prompted me to see if my favorite band of all time was up to anything. To my surprise the band that I LOVE is playing two shows in May at a venue here in Chicago. It is already SOLD OUT!! Which makes sense, so I went looking to see if I could buy tickets well, this next sentence has my blood BOILING. People are selling these $27.00 tickets for $239.00 apiece even more than that. I went from so excited to instantly pissed. I missed this band the last time they came around as part of RIOT fest because I was running the marathon. Now I’m missing them because I am so far out of the loop. It looks like I will not be able to see Screeching Weasel when they play at Reggie’s in May. Tonight I’m going to see if the person that told me about the other band I like is going to that show. If they are I’m going to try and get tickets for that show. But the fact that I will not be at the Screeching Weasel show without getting gouged makes me furious. I guess I’ve just gotten lazy. I used to just google the band name when I was bored. I thought I was on a site that was supposed to warn me when they were coming. I get the fact that those that paid attention got tickets but the asking price to go see a show is too much. Don’t get me wrong I’ll check everyday to see if someone is offering tickets at a decent price but I’m thinking I’ll have to enjoy my favorite band through my headphones. FUCK that sucks. But that's life right
Hopefully I’ll get tickets for the other band that also happens to be playing the same month. Hopefully I have not delayed too long on this one. Maybe I’ll get lucky and there will be an additional show added for Screeching Weasel. Maybe I’ll find a ticket somewhere. But man this is the band that changed my life. Screeching Weasel I hope I can scrounge a ticket to your show. Man I’m mad. I can’t even ramble on anymore. I’m just pissed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment