Thursday, March 10, 2011

my private life is an inside joke, no one will explain it to me

This is my busiest time of year for what I do as my full time job. Everyday from 7am till 4-5-6-7 pm usually later depending on the workflow so there can be additional unwanted hours here and there. Last weekend I came in on a Saturday in an attempt to catch up. By today I am already behind really bad. Even after working a full 9-hour day I’m still behind. It makes me crazy. The thing is this stupid job should not be that stressful. I mean when I leave for the day I don’t have to think about it. But I do find myself trying to figure out how I’m going to attack the day. No matter what I plan it never works, there are always emergencies that have to be attended to and one project gets pushed back and then when I finally start working on the original project that one is late and all my work backlogs. The real punch in he nuts is there is never a sense of accomplishment in what I do. There is no time when a project is complete. I’m like Sisyphus pushing the dang rock up the hill. Granted the job is not as tough on the back but as soon as I get near the top of my work it rolls back on me and it’s back to the bottom to start all over again. No sense of pride in a job well done because well the job is never done.
If I ever have children I’m going to encourage them to get an education. If they have any of my DNA they will want to be an entertainer. I will encourage it of course but I will stress the need to have a skill or education to fall back on. Hopefully they will get the brains of the woman I married. Most likely they will get the insanity of both of us. That will be truly scary.
So yeah work sucks balls. I know I shouldn’t complain doing this job affords me the joys of all the kick ass fun stuff I do. I also know I would freak out if I didn’t have this job. Too much relies on my small paycheck that I get every two weeks. At least the people I work with make this job worthwhile. I guess the real complaint is I need to make more money. I know everyone does but I really need it. I mean I’m at the doorway of my new grown up life and I’m still making the same amount of money I was 4 years ago. Shady. Well I’m outta here.
Tonight I may start watching Twin Peaks. I just got the first two discs in the mail. People say it was awesome. We’ll see. I’m skeptical.
Did you know that the woman I’m married to has never seen ANY of the Godfather movies? I know I know I just found out the other night. I’m beginning to think I don’t know this lady at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment