Wednesday, March 23, 2011

andy are you tripping on Elvis

I complain a lot I need to chill out with all the whining about my job and stuff like that. For the second time in fewer than four months a friend of mine has heard the phrase “it could be cancer” while visiting a doctor. The first time it was taken care of with a small surgery. This time awaiting an ultrasound of the liver another surgery could be on the books. The friend is not telling anyone. It is taking me a lot not to tell anyone what this person has been going through. But she has been strong. She showed a minute of anger when she broke down and said it’s like my body wants cancer. Hopefully the ultrasound comes back and her liver is healthy. It’s crazy though; she doesn’t smoke, doesn’t drink and eats healty-ish and exercises regularly. It’s just all so insanely crazy. She is way stronger than I am. I’m just glad that when her back started hurting for a while she went in to get it checked out. I keep telling her everything will be ok. I wish I were one of those people that always knew the right thing to say. I don’t so I come here and scream at the top of my lungs. Then I compose myself and walk back out into the general public. So yeah, be good out there kids. Don’t try to guess who it is you don’t know her.

No comments:

Post a Comment