Monday, March 21, 2011

Mer-Man (high pithched cough) Mer-Man

So I avoided seeing the relatives in from Arkansas. I’m Sure BM is heart broken but I think my two brothers went and hung out with them before they started the trek back to Razorback country. On Saturday I went to a party for my sister’s daughter’s first birthday. So the family that I actually like, my dad’ family surrounded me. But it backed up a feeling that I have been battling for a while now. I am kind of the Zoolander of my family. Not because I am really, really, really good looking but more like my collar is not blue enough for most of them. In fact to my face they call me Little Lord Fauntleroy, which is a weird way of calling me a yuppie, which my brother often does anyway. This is mostly because I work in an office, I currently live in a yuppie neighborhood, I’m terrible when it comes to “assisting” in manual labor and the fact that I don’t really drink as much as I used to.
Don’t get me wrong; my family members are extremely awesome. In fact they are very nice people, I’m actually the biggest jerk/snob/asshole in my family. But when the extended family gets together I almost hide out in the corner. If I’m not drinking with everyone then it seems that people think that I think I’m better than them. Which could not be further from the truth. It’s just that when I drink I become an over consumption monster and lately I’m not feeling it. I have some goals I want to reach and one bad trip off the wagon can/will mess up progress. I know my family loves me but I can hear the groaning.
If I’m being honest though I don’t understand why my brother can’t grow the fuck up and realize he has two kids now. There’s no need to go hang out with your cousin who lives an hour away and go on 12-24 hour booze binges. Plus the stopping at a bar at 11:30 am for a few captains on a Wednesday is stupid. I get it drinking during the day occasionally is great but when you do it so frequently you just look like a drunk. When I mention it to you on the phone I’m NOT KIDDING. Go the FUCK home and be a father and a husband. You are a way better person than I am but this booze thing scares me a bit.
Whatever. I know I complain a lot on this blog, but I have not told anyone about it not even the lovely wife. It is my place to come and scream and complain and talk shit about the people I know, my job, and say things I’m too afraid to say to people now that I’m mostly sober. There is one person that knows about this site and he is most likely the only person to read it.  So I guess it is the equivalent of me sitting on a barstool whining to him, but who knows maybe someday I’ll complain about something he does. As you may have figured out I’m kind of a whiney complaining A-hole.
Have a great week with the   start of spring here maybe my mood will improve and I’ll start acting a bit more cheerful. I’ve officially started biking to work again. Oh and in other good news Le Grange is off the house hunt list

1 comment: