Thursday, March 31, 2011

this is not my beautiful house

We met with a mortgage broker last night and apparently we are not as ready to buy a house as we thought. We have also been looking at houses that although technically we could afford it, we would be so poor that we would not be able to do anything. Like nothing at all, most of our funds would go to paying for the house. We were off on our price by a lot. The other kick in the nuts was that we do not have enough money saved for our down payment if we did find a house in our price range. I was crushed to say the least. I tried to keep it together, I thought of all the material things we have been talking about buying lately that we kind of need/want, bicycles for each of us, a computer, and maybe entries to a few races that we skipped last year due to wedding planning.
I know it is ridiculous to get upset about not being able to buy these things, but I had plans for each thing. I have been encouraged to buy MY bike but I REALLY wanted my wife to get a bike too. The one she has now is a freaking tank that makes even the shortest bike ride a gigantic pain on the ass. Hopefully we can still get her a lighter bike, which will hopefully make my summer of free a bit more enjoyable. I’m going to scale back on a lot of things.
So yeah I need to find a way to make more money. Living in the suburbs is officially back on the table. I’m not sure where we will find a single family home in Chicago in our price range that is not a shit box. I’m not even sure how we will get the funds necessary for our down payment. We have less than 4 months to get our money together. Time to get stingy with my money. Guess I should have held onto that retail job for a little longer.
Crap, back to square one.Save your pennies kids

No comments:

Post a Comment