Tuesday, March 8, 2011

and I'm afraid that I won't get out alive

I can have a short fuse. It can come from people giving me attitude or acting like idiots. Idiots for this purpose are posing as intellectually superior to me. Don’t get me wrong I do not claim to be the world’s smartest man. In fact my biggest regret is that I only finished high school, barely tried the junior college and decided somewhere in there “hey I don’t need this I’m going to be an actor” Yes an actor. I believed that it was going to happen. With a few leads in high school plays and then background roles in other productions I got it in my head that I was born to perform. Sadly I didn’t put my passion into attending schools that specialize in this. But in my defense the bill was on me and people were not exactly just giving money out to middle-middle class white guys in those days (do they now?). Also I was lazy and wanted something to just come to me. So I dropped out of Junior College and started working entry-level positions in different companies. Somewhere in there I was part of a film company. This came exactly two days after I swore off acting. It was a pipe dream and there was no way in hell I would ever make it.
The film company years were kind of like my college years, I learned some things but it also gave me reasons to be out boozing on random weekday nights. So much fun back then. During this time is when I started to really run into the where did you go to school crowd. Each time this question gets asked to this day I still get a knot in my stomach and try to find a way to get out of the room. This question and the do you do for a living question.
 I hate the fact that I’m not even sure how many hours I have in as far as my stint in JC went. I’m sure the answer is very few. But then there are these people that have their diplomas. Some have multiple diplomas. Some are smart I’m sure. But when they flip over to their snotty ass talk down to me voice the monster starts stirring. In my head it plays out like that scene in good will hunting with the Harvard guy and the janitor going head to head over the girl. Except most of the time I just stew I never get to go back to the window and ask him how he likes these apples. Mostly because my anger is unfounded, I mean yeah some people are arrogant pricks but what the hell there are people that never finished high school that are dirt bags too.
This mostly comes from the fact that I recently applied for a job. I had to do a history of my education and every job I have had since high school. It was weird. I had pages of pages of Jobs but my education stopped two lines in. I’m not too old to go back and try to get the education it is just that now I’m 35. 35 and I have no clue what job would rock my world. Well of course something in film. But when will there be time for that. The house needs to be bought and then maybe a child if that is in the cards for me. Ugh I was in a good mood when I started this.
I’m going to see that new movie with he janitor from GWH tonight. Maybe that will cheer me up. I’m a sucker for those kinds of pictures. Bottom line is Life IS GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment