Tuesday, September 20, 2011

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Today is my baby brother’s birthday. Next to Flaca he is the coolest person I have ever met in my entire life. Of course we do not always see eye-to-eye butt he is legitimately one of the greatest people I have had the pleasure of spending some quality time with. He has been my best friend for my entire life. If you have had the pleasure of meeting him you already know the awesome quality that flows out of this chill little guy. He has an awesome ability to get along with pretty much anyone that he bumps into. If he tells you someone is a douche bag then that person must really have some bad qualities. He is an amazing judge of character. Although we have grown up and become very different people in our adult costumes I still feel like a little kid when I talk to him on the phone, which I am lucky enough to do on a regular basis. Some of my greatest memories come from just hanging out with him walking around and talking nonstop for hours on end. In fact sometimes as I walk through down town I think of him and how we used to work together delivering groceries, he was the driver and I was his helper. Those workdays were so much fun. I learned a lot about navigating my way around down town from him in those days. Of course a year later when I got my own route I would get lost all the time and rely on him to come and bail me out.
As we get older and our lives continue to change I still look forward to talkining wih him on the phone. I love hearing stories about how crazy his son is and I’m curious to see what kind of hell his daughter is going to put him through. I look forward to the day when Flaca and I start having children and I can talk to him about the things that scare the hell out of me. Even though he is my younger brother there are times when he takes the lead and talks me through the tough times. He’s pretty rad. It must run in the family

Switching gears to the daily grind, I am in a great mood this morning. As Flaca, my M.I.L. and I fought our way through he fog to get down to work we all had a grand old time laughing and chatting it up the whole way in. The highlight of my week up to now has to be walking down the street with Flaca in the early morning chill as she sings the opening lines of You Make me Feel- by Aretha Franklin singing both the lead and background vocals. So freaking cute. Amazing!

Alright to the bank and then to work. Have a great day and tell someone how much they rock your world. Be great out there and put off being mad for another day.

Pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment