Tuesday, September 6, 2011

To live my life as it's meant to be

Last night as I lay there watching the bonus feature footage for the movie super, Flaca awoke to warn me not to stay up too late because I would be very tired today. I shrugged my shoulders and decided yes I should probably go to sleep. Well guess what, today I am so freaking tired that I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. The weekend was pretty laid back and fun. Friday we chilled out and Flaca made homemade calzones for everybody. Saturday I went to a BBQ at this guys house near where I used to live and on Sunday we went to this big fest in Indiana with Flaca’s Mom, Dad and little sister who was in for the weekend.

Saturday I kind of got annoyed while hanging out with my peeps. When I arrived my one friend asked how living on the suburbs was. I snidely answered no different from living three blocks from you.  Besides the extra long commutes and not walking around he house in my birthday suit not much HAS really changed as far as seeing my acquaintances. I think I have complained here before about how the people that I call friends have absolutely no interest in the same things I do. I was bound to the group of people I used to hang out with through filmmaking and drinking. While we all went on hiatus to get married it seems like the filmmaking is stalling to start up again. I’m wondering if that will ever start up again. I mean people are having their kids, which makes me wonder what the future holds.

How do you even meet new people when you are in your thirties without it being weird? How do I meet people who are into running or any of the goofy things I’m into at the same level I am? I’m going to try and make some acquaintances while I am on the south side. Saturday Flaca and I found a running store over on Western that has a running club, I’m going to try and head over there and see if I can start running with some people. I’m hoping they are not as snotty as some of the running clubs on the north side.

Fall is coming at me fast, I’m going to have to get into some kind of workout routine set up so I don’t get stuck in my seasonal rut. Luckily Flaca is around to make sure I stay active and not let me get to negative. I love this chick! She’s pretty F’n amazing if I do say so myself. Anyone that has anything negative to say about her should meet me behind the gym after school so I can prompt fatten your lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment