Thursday, September 29, 2011

you got the horse race;you got the dog race; you got the human-race BUT this is a rat race, Rat Race!

That feeling when you can feel the blood boiling in your ears, your face is so red you find it hard to believe that the person in front of you spouting off words about customer courtesy, using better judgment, taking the lead and being an expert on this particular task. I’m there. Right now. My teeth are grinding out and it is taking all of my energy not to just say, “shut the fuck up you complete fucking Fucktard” How many times have you wanted to just start say “blah blah blah “ while making the hand puppet that goes with it as someone tries to push work off on to you. I literally just had this co-worker break down to the very beginning of time what we do. He explained every single thing in the talk slow so I don’t stutter talk. Being that I have absolutely no poker face, I’m sure that he could tell that I was saying go fuck yourself. It took a lot to not just go off on him. He may feel that he was victorious in this battle, and now that I think about it he was but I will be successful in the war. His parting statement to me was “use your better judgment” to which I replied “my better judgment” through clenched teeth. Do you have any idea where my fucking judgment has gotten me? You want me to use my judgment for something that care absolutely nothing about.
So much for just trying to coast through to what hopefully is my last days at this wonderful place that has employed me for all these years. I can’t even begin to guess what my next job has in store for me.
I can hear this guy at his desk yelling on the phone in his whiney almost Kermit voice. He is one of those people that just farms the work out all day long and then uses all those corporate catch phrases “point person, expert, FUCK”

Pay attention in school kids. Get a skill. Yes you can be an actor, singer, prostitute, artist, poet, pot dealer, sports analyst, newspaper columnist, comedian, and celebrity chef but get a skill. Something anything that will save you from a long list of entry-level office worker jobs. It is not entry level if you are still in the same position eight years later.

Ugh! Still pissed gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment