Friday, September 2, 2011

If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain

Last night I sat the closest I have ever been to the field for a Bears game. Many people will brush off preseason as not counting but from the seats I sat in last night it was freaking awesome. It was also very bizarre to watch a football game and be sweating as much as I was. If you remember from another sports story early in baseball season I went to a baseball game and nearly froze my testitcals off so I guess it would make sense that I go to a football game and sweat the boys off.

We arrived at Soldiers Field very early and enjoyed a Subway dinner in the nice air-conditioned car. The one and only Flaca brought this brilliant idea to you. We went into the stadium to walk around and find our seats being that we were there three hours early we had plenty of time to walk around and look at stuff and take goofy pictures of me doing some of my standard issue goofy things. We walked around the concourse and I was floored by how expensive everything is. Every single beer is at least $8 dollars or higher, a polish is like $7 and pops are like $5. How do people ever bring their families to these games? I guess there is the tailgating option but they also totally take advantage of you the Accused style just to park your car. It makes sense how people get there and BBQ and drink a lot before going in to the stadium because … well you see where I’m going it is expensive. Maybe in the past I never noticed because I was a few beers deep before getting to the stadium but dang going there sober had me clutching onto my wallet not so much scared of pickpockets but scared that my money would foolishly be spent on Chicago Bears swag, over priced beer, and even more over priced food. I have always been weirdly cheap but now I have the age to back up the “this used to cost $4 to $5 dollars” old man speak. Hopefully I will make a trip back during regular season, but I’m pretty sure that I’ll watch many games ant my Pop’s house where the PBR flows like wine and there is always plenty of food to eat. Which is usually a hell of a lot more fun too.

Our commute back to Flaca’s parents did go very smoothly and I actually got to sleep around my regular time. Today I’m going to the dentist to see if I can continue my decade long cavity free streak. One of the bonuses of having braces for so many years are I am very obsessive compulsive about keeping my teeth clean. That and if you ever saw my biological mother’s teeth or my older brothers teeth you too would be scared into brushing every day twice a day with all the other suggested maintenance that they always suggest.

Enjoy the longer weekend kids and don’t do any expensive drugs, you never know when that will come up in a job interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment