Thursday, September 15, 2011

i throw my hands up in the air sometimes saying AYO gotta let go

Kids things are getting very interesting over here. Yesterday I went in for my final interview for that job. The next thing I am waiting for is a call inviting me to orientation then ideally to academy. In the meantime I need to update some of my documents due to the move. The interview went amazingly great with very minimal rambling on and on without making much of a point. I’m still not sure of what the exact time line is but ideally I will start my new career path as soon as next month. I KNOW crazy right.

Meanwhile I have to keep my head in the game here, which is totally hard since I am out of my shorts excited about my potential release from Hotel California here. Of course that little negative voice is whispering in my ear not to get too excited, but it is very hard to not tell every single person of my escape plan. I’m also nervous about the potential of being denied the job because then I will look foolish to the people I have told about it. It would be the whole Fire Fighter shenanigans all over again. I still have some family that asks me how that is going. Ugh. But for now I’m going to coast on the high that my Shawshank Redemption dreams may come true. I can’t wait to tell my friends and family about this. Breaths in breathe out.

This morning I was thinking about how much my idea of what I was going to be when I grew up has changed since I have ummm errrr well sort of grown up. I remember being a kid and one of my aunts asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. Without hesitation I looked at her and said a truck driver. I’m not sure how old I was but I thought the idea of driving around in those gigantic trucks all over the world would be a pretty awesome way to live. Then I got a little older and thought I wanted to be a comedian. I thought Jerry Lewis was the bomb, Steve Martin dancing around as King Toot or doing that bit with the arrow in his head or being half of the wild and crazy guys rocked my world and Eddie Murphy was the king of everything I thought comedy was. Do you remember when Eddie Murphy was funny? There was a brief period when I wanted to be a drummer but I never even asked my parents about doing that. Then there was the dream of becoming an actor, writer, and theater company owner, independent film person. Of course during all of the acting stuff I had jobs. In high school I went through more jobs than most people probably have in there entire lives. After high school I had a kickass job delivering groceries, which was the most fun job I have on my resume. Then I got my first office job and that changed the course of everything. I realized I couldn’t act but I could work behind the scene and every once in whiles sneak into a scence for a cameo. My office life has consisted of working at a place for two to three years then jumping to a new office job. Now I have been at this office for eight years. My next job will ideally be my non-college degree chance at a career. But who knows maybe I’ll get this job and find out it stinks just like every other job on my long list of job. But I have to try; I have to believe there is something out there for me.

After missing a day I’m behind on my TPS reports. Be good out there kids stay in school don’t do drugs. Spay and neuter yourself and keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment