Tuesday, September 27, 2011

he's just a stereotype

Yep. Asshole. I ruined our anniversary Sunday. It had all the makings of a glorious day. Flaca bought me tickets for the bike tour that ended at a brewery out in Lake Bluff. It was great but I drank too much too fast. Things spun out of control. I wandered the streets trying to figure out what my problem is. I’m trying to be the best but I fall. I didn’t go out with people from work on Friday because I wanted Sunday to be perfect. This will definitely go in the files as the worst anniversary ever. Another event forever tainted by my inability to handle my booze.

Luckily we had yesterday off and I was able to sort through the mess a little. But the story plays out the same way it has for years. I am going to rehab myself AGAIN. I’m going to refocus my attentions get my shit together and try to be the husband flaca deserves not this real life after school special that I become once a month. It’s an old and tired existence.

No good kids I need to take my own advice and be good. I need to do the romantic gestures not just think about them. As many steps as I take forward I have to work on not taking steps back.

I’ll be working towards complete forgiveness. Flaca will be up for sainthood by the time she’s done with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment