Monday, September 19, 2011

You say that’s exactly how this grace thing works

I am obsessed with time. I am constantly counting down to something anything. I am always racing against some imaginary clock. Most of the time I find a sense of relief in this. It seems to go so much against the way I was when I was a younger version of the old grumpy man I am today. I am a little on edge because I am waiting to see if I get called for an orientation for that job that I am trying to get. I have been looking around and doing research to see if I can get an idea of when I can ideally expect to hopefully get a call. At this point it if the information I am collecting is right I can hope to get a call by September 28. That is if I did as good as I am hoping and I am invited to go to the October academy, which is suppose to start around mid October, if I am not invited to that then hopefully the November. So hopefully that works out. But for now I have my phone propped up on my desk and I am glancing at it every three and a half seconds.

This upcoming Sunday I will be celebrating my first year anniversary to the beautiful, kind, and funny Flaca. Of course being the genius I am I haven’t planned anything yet but luckily for me she is heading out of town for a few days before the weekend so I should be able to put a little something together. I need to go with something low key due to budget constraints but I also want it to be something that will make her swoon a little. You see I am not always the most romantic of guys out here. I have romantic tendencies but my laziness often retards the execution of the gesture. Hopefully something will come along that helps this little nerd make the day at least a little enjoyable for my wifey.

Oh and how do you make friends with couples without it being weird? The only couple we get along with is her sister and her husband. But when they have plans we are stuck in a spot of doing things just us. I mean I see other groups of people going out and having fun how do we find a group like that. Like two weekends ago we went to this beer-tasting thing, and it was fun and all but it probably would have been a hell of a lot more fun with a big group of people. Where do you find people that want to go try new restaurants, go to festivals, do anything. You know more than just go sit and a bar and drink your face off. There is a disconnect with almost all of the people I used to hang out with, it’s like when I hang out with them it really would not matter if I was there or not. Plus I don’t even find myself wanting to reach out to them to do stuff. Maybe I’ll go find myself some cool south side friends.

I don’t know, I’m tired it’s Monday and this third cup of office coffee is not waking me up it’s only making my tiny little old man bladder make me go to the bathroom every twenty three minutes. Dang make that twenty-two

No comments:

Post a Comment