Monday, June 6, 2011

Beergut -no longer can he see his nuts

I am tired. The weekend went by Fast and Furious Tokyo drift style, and now I am back at my desk fighting to keep my eyes open. I fear today is going to be a real ball snapper so I figured I’d stop by here before I became too much of a whiny fool. I actually did a fair amount of drinking this weekend. Friday I went to this bar in Wrigley for one of those two hours drink for free deals, nothing too crazy but I found myself laughing at people trying to do the ole hook up routine. It truly made me glad that I am married and can just go and get my drink on and head home with the one that brought me. The people we were hanging out with were my wife’s girlfriends, the single friends, and the ones that will be single for a LOOONG time. The reason I think this is they think they are going to meet some hot young stud, and have not yet lowered their standards. Plus they lack personality; my wife was the diamond amongst those roughs.
Saturday I slept in a little more than normal, when I finally woke up my wife and I went out for a long walk in the nice warm sun. The destination was this bakery that we read about in Lincoln Park. Supposedly the donuts were phenomenal, so we figured a walk would justify a few donuts each. We each got a donut and I got an ice coffee, for right around ten dollars. Totally not worth it, to tell you the truth, I’ll stick to getting my donuts from Dinkle’s, which has the best Chocolate donut on the north side of Chicago. Saturday night we went to a party over in Lakeview and I drank a lot, but also had a lot of fun, and didn’t get in any trouble because I didn’t get too drunk. So that goes in he win column
Sunday I totally slept in late and only left the house to get groceries needed for my newest eating plan.I’m tipping the scales at 200.6 pounds as of 6:15 this morning, none of my clothes fit comfortably, I’m snoring like a maniac and even the easiest exercise is wearing me down. So hopefully my new workout/eating program gets me back in shape. The gaol is to get back down to 175-180 pounds.
I’m sure I can do this I just need to get this eating under control. Have a great day kids. I hear it's going to be warm out there. Stay hydrated 

No comments:

Post a Comment