Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm gonna tell you what I really think I like about Mondays

Hello boys and girls, welcome to the greatest day of the week, Hells yes I said the greatest day of the week. Mondays in cube Ville move at such a breakneck speed that sometimes I’m surprised when I look at the clock and see that two hours have clicked off the workday and I am a little closer to sweet Monday night release. This Monday morning was especially a great treat because I overslept (again) and ended up getting caught in he rain as I rode to work. The rain felt really refreshing, keeping me from being a total sweat hog as I pedaled in. I wore these pair of shorts that apparently when they get wet they slide down exposing my rear end to whatever car is driving right behind me. Luckily today I was wearing underpants or that would have started someone else’s week off on the wrong foot, or on the right foot depending how the person felt about my brown eye winking at them. Gross yes but wouldn’t that be an even better sicker option than just flicking someone off if they were honking at you or following too close. (shiver) Even I am surprised by my grossness sometimes.
So Saturday night the wonderful wife and I attended the birthday of one of her co-workers. We decided that we would take public transportation so that we could both enjoy ourselves, meaning my wife could enjoy herself since I always tend to enjoy myself. We were heading to a spot in Logan Square, which could have easily been reached by taking two buses. But being the genius I decided we would take a train to a bus, well apparently the Armitage bus does not run in the evening. So my poor wife was subjected to my poor judgment and ended up walking about two miles in shoes not meant for walking. You see I have no concept of how far anything is and was under the impression that it would only take us twenty to twenty-five minutes to walk from the Armitage brown line stop all the way to Armitage and Western, actually a little further west that Western. After dragging her through that weird industrial area she finally said, “we are taking a cab no matter how close it is” after a ten-minute (in the cab) ride we arrived at dinner. Next time I think we will use a better trip planner through CTA.
The dinner was pretty awesome and afterwards we went to this bar that is that areas version of the five am bars that I used to frequent back in the day. The place looked cool and grimy enough but they totally over charge for all of their drinks. I had my fair share of Whiskey drinks and only got into one minor disagreement with one of my wife’s co-workers. I also burned through my workweek walking around money. It was fun though but next time I hope they pick a better bar.But in bar's defense I think all bars overcharge now, there is never anything special about the specials.
Sunday I had a bit of a lazy hangover and went to the in-laws for some kick ass grilled steak. We talked a bit about the future move in to their house, and I have to say I’m curious how it will all work out. I’m sure y’all will read about the misadventures here.
The phrase that pays is “eye on the prize” as in we will be buying a house back on the north side after this little experiment is over.
Oh and don’t forget to eat your vegetables and fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment