Monday, June 13, 2011

but Charlie don't surf on your laughter on Black Monday

The weekends go by so freaking fast. I feel like I just logged off a few hours ago and now I am back at my desk. Of course I am having a hard time starting my work today. I have found ever reason to be distracted, but I guess I need to get down to business if I want to ideally have my summer hours off. So right after I finish this I will start my work.
Friday I went out to eat at a restaurant right by my parent’s house. It was FREAKING AWESOME!! It was also totally unplanned which may have made the experience a little more fun. You see lately I have been feeling boring, like life has become way too routine, so when I goy home Friday I came in like an even bigger hurricane than I normally am. You see I often come home and talk for 20 minutes straight about absolutely nothing barely coming up for a breath to see if the wife is responding or even listening. My brilliant idea was to hop into the car and drive somewhere anywhere just to do something different than come home hop in my underoos and watch my stories until I fall asleep. I tried to find some quick getaways but struck out on each idea. Then the brains of this operation suggested that we go somewhere nice for dinner. I quickly searched this one restaurant that we have wanted to try, but they would not be able to seat us until 9:00 pm, which is way to late for grandpa Punkerson. Then my wife suggested this place by my parents’ house. It is a restaurant that I have probably been in 1.5 times in my entire life. I called and they were able to get us in within the next half hour. It WAS AWESOME!! If you ever get the chance you need to check out Sabatino’s http://www.sabatinoschicago/.
Holy smokes the whole experience is totally worth every single penny. First off they give you a little pizza bread to get the party started, they also have all sorts of specials that the awesome waitresses will gladly go over multiple times if your short attention span can’t remember what she said after the thirds item. I won’t walk you through the whole meal but I will say all of the portions are generous and I enjoyed every single thing I shoved in my face. As we slowly walked to the car we were already discussing how we totally have to go there again. Maybe next time I’ll tell my parents I’m going there.
Saturday I hit up two fests Mid Sommer Fest in the early afternoon and Rib Fest in the evening. Mid Sommer fest was awesome and Rib fest left me a little annoyed. We burned through our money fast at Rib fest and ended up back at home within an hour and a half of leaving. I’m hoping my summer of fun brings better, and more funfest experiences.
Sunday I went to the in-law’s house to help open the pool for summer, which was surprisingly fun and it kind of reminded me of summers opening he pool at my parents’ house as a kid. I think my F.I.L. also may finally be warming up to me. He even started a few conversations as my B.I.L. and I helped get the job done.
I have to get back to work. OH and. It’s Bike to Work Week. For all you brave enough to ride the mean streets of Chicago this is our month to shine. Maybe I’ll see you at the Bike to Work rally this Friday. I’ll be the on that looks like Jim Breuer. For real I think we look very similar.

3 comments: