Thursday, June 9, 2011

sharks patrol these waters

I am on edge today; well to be honest ever since my power surged last night then went out I have been on edge. I could barely sleep all night. The hairs on my arms were standing straight up and I was scared like a little kid of the sound of hail hitting my windows. My electricity popped back on at 2:30 am, and I was wide-awake. I set all the clocks settle back into bed but could not fall asleep. My electric must have gone off again because when my wife’s battery powered alarm clock went off my alarm clock was flashing again. Oh and the carbon monoxide detector makes this crazy beeping noise when my electric goes off and then comes back on. This happened three times during the night last night. So I guess I should have notice my flashing alarm clock earlier. Whatever.
So now my schedule is all off and I’m edgy. Normally I naturally wake up at like 5:30 lay in bed for a while, get up ride my bike to work to start by 7. I got to work today at 8:30 and almost automatically everything is working my nerves. I feel like I want to go off on someone for no reason. Not a good way to be while I’m here.  I’m also staying at work till about 5:15 then heading directly to my class tonight at 6:00.
The bright side of this is I still rode my bike in, and it felt GREAT. As on edge as I am I truly enjoyed my ride in, it felt nice.
My work is going to make me want to go all Michael Douglas in falling down so I’ll have to keep reminding myself to just let it go. I don’t want to be “that” guy in the office.
I’m going to cut it off here. But I have to say I sure am glad I am not driving a van in this weather/ YIKEs

No comments:

Post a Comment