Thursday, June 30, 2011

So here I am in the Middle West Sippin' whole milk ma' f@#ka

Last night after getting destroyed at beach volleyball my teammates and I retired to our sponsor bar to lick our wounds drink a few beers and BS with each other. The bar that is sponsoring us is just a tad to fancy panted for my liking but since I did not do any of the legwork to get sponsored I have no place to complain too much. They have beer and there is a wing appetizer option so they have that going for them. Well as I sat there looking at the puny buffalo chicken wings a stir of commotion started just outside of the establishment. Then before I knew it Mayor Rahm Emanuel was rolling up to make an appearance at the event that was taking place there. Suddenly all the people in suits made a lot more sense and my volleyball team and I looked pretty nasty covered in sand and smelling of feet and defeat. I was about twenty feet away from our city’s newest Mayor and I felt a sense of pride. I made no attempt to talk to him but felt pretty cool, Daley was Mayor here for years and I never saw that stud anywhere. So far I think he’s pretty cool mostly because he has not done anything to screw over anyone I know so I am still glad that I voted for him back when it was time to do that. Funny thing is I saw how short this dude is, and let me say he gives us short guys hope that we can succeed in this life that usually seems like it is run by giants. Thanks Mayor from one shorty to another I think you are all right.
This weekend is a time for great celebration. For me it will be time of reflection and a time for celebration. Ten years ago while out on the town wasted out of my mind and generally just being a complete jackass I was hit by a car and hurt pretty bad. It is one of like three or four of my biggest life regrets, if I would have just stayed home that night and slept off my daytime drinking then my life might have been a little different. It is amazing how much a person can change in a decade, in my case I’d like to say that I’m changing for the better. I’m no saint and trouble still finds me but what can I say I’m a work in progress.
This weekend is also action packed, I already told you about the driving range tomorrow butt now there will also be some rib festing in Naperville at night where I will most likely be rocking out to some REO Speedwagon. Then Saturday I will be attending the cross-town classic over by Wrigley with my beautiful wife and her sister’s husband. Sunday I’m not sure but I think we might go to the Southside and scope out storage spaces for all of our stuff that we will not be moving into our in laws place. Then Monday we are going to some suburb to watch fireworks with a promise of massive funnel cakes. I took Tuesday off of work to just chill. So y’all are going to have to miss me until next Tuesday.
I meant for this to be a more jovial entry but I’m off my game do to the fact that I think I’m in the doghouse and I’m not even sure what exactly I did, I’m going to go with nothing. But maybe some flowers and a vanilla long john will help my cause
Be good out there kids, be careful with those sparklers, watch out with those Mickey’s Grenades, they are fun and everyone loves those rebus puzzles but they can sneak up on ya
    

No comments:

Post a Comment